Doing business with the Federal Government
If you want to setup your Drone business to do business with the federal government, you will need a DUNS number and register with SAM. The process to obtain a DUNS number and register on SAM.gov requires two steps.
Step 1: Get your DUNs number.
Business entities can obtain a DUNS number through D&B's Web site at: http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
To complete the process to obtain a DUNS number, you will need to provide the following information:
- Legal name of your business entity
- Phone number
- Name of the CEO or business owner
- Legal structure or type of business (corporation, partnership, proprietorship, etc.)
- Year the entity was created
- Primary line of business
- Total number of employees (full- and part-time)
Step 2 Go to Sam.gov and create an account and register your business entity. It is a lengthy form.
Once you have been assigned a DUNS number, you must annually register on SAM.gov. To complete the process on SAM, you will need the same kind of information used to obtain your DUNS number.
The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government.
There is no cost to use SAM. You can use this site for FREE to:
- Register to do business with the U.S. government
- Update or renew your entity registration
- Check status of an entity registration
- Search for entity registration and exclusion records
Here are some NAICS codes to use when registering with SAM.
Applicable NAICS codes for UAS Drone business would be:
541922 - Commercial photography
541370 - Surveying and mapping (except geophysical) services
541990 - All other professional , scientific, and technical services.